Registration for a Zawaya account requires an email address. This email address is used for account activation and necessary communications to the registered user. Zawaya will not sell or release emails to any organization or company.
Zawaya uses session cookies to support the account login function. These cookies are session cookies and not persistent, and will be removed by your web browser upon the completion of your visit.
Information is collected by the web site for statistical purposes only. The site uses web log processing software to create summary statistics for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, and identifying system performance or problem areas. The type of information collected about your visit to the Zawaya section includes your e-mail address, the name of the Internet domain from which you access Zawaya, and the date and time you access the site.
Users will register with a unique username. This username will be publicly displayed with comments left by that user. Usernames must be unique, and should not be profane, abusive, hateful, or obscene. Usernames deemed in violation of this policy will be deactivated.
Readers must use a valid email address to register. The email will be used to activate the account and to communicate with the user. An email address may not be used with multiple accounts. Readers' email addresses will not be displayed anywhere on the Zawaya website.
When a new discussion topic is posted, an email will be sent to all Zawaya-subscribed users, notifying them of the new topic.
Comments by first time posters are subject to approval before the comment is posted on the site. Once a registered user has had a comment approved, the user's subsequent comments appear immediately on the site. A comment that is deemed in violation of Zawaya’s comment and account policies will result in an email warning and the reader’s account could be deactivated.
Zawaya's Comments Policy
1. Zawaya, as a service of Magharebia, is intended for people from Maghreb countries, with ties to those countries, with business in or with those countries, and their Diasporas. Comments to the topics and panellist opinions of Zawaya are intended to elicit an exchange of opinion and open dialogue on topical subjects in a civilised and open manner for all readers to see.
2. This is a moderated forum. Zawaya will monitor comments and reserves the right to remove, edit or alter any content that it deems inappropriate.
3. All comments received by Zawaya are considered intended for publication.
4. Comments on Zawaya should be substantive in nature. The comment space is intended for comments that relate to the topic or panellist opinion. You may not reprint lengthy text from your own work or those of others, including news articles. You may request we post a link to them in a comment.
5. Comments will be translated into all Magharebia languages (Arabic, French, English), and should not exceed 1800 characters. Comments will be posted in the original language until translations into the other two languages are complete.
6. Only the current topic and associated opinions will be active to accept comments. Once a new topic is posted, previous topics and associated opinions will close for comments, and will be available for read-only-viewing.
7. Comments that are abusive, offensive, contain profane or racist material, etc. will be removed. Name-calling, personal attacks, racist comments, or the use of profanity by any commenter will not be allowed.
8. Submitting comments for posting on Zawaya constitutes acknowledgement of and agreement to the terms outlined in this comments policy. This policy may be revised in part or in full at any time without notice.
9. Nothing on Zawaya should be construed as legal advice. Zawaya, a service of Magharebia, does not offer legal advice.
10. All comments must comply with applicable laws of the state of residence of the commenter. Zawaya has no obligation to monitor, edit, censor, or take responsibility for comments. Zawaya may act upon a violation of its comment policy. Users are solely responsible for the content of their comments and should ensure that their comments are lawful and fall within the stated guidelines.
11. Any portion of the comments containing links to other sites that do not follow the principles of this comments policy as stated in this policy will result in that portion of the comment being removed.
12. To facilitate the intended exchange of opinions and open dialogue on topical subjects in a civilised and open manner for all readers to see and to avoid unwelcome direct replies from persons not receptive to the poster's opinion, comments containing personal e-mail addresses or phone numbers in the body of the comment will have the contact information removed.
13. You may not promote commercial entities or engage in commercial activity in the Zawaya discussion forums. Doing so may result in the comment or a portion of the comment being removed.